Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time flies.....

Man, time sure does fly by. You blink one minute and your kids are babies and the next thing you know they are graduating from college. Ok, so we aren't on the college front yet..but it certainly is in the distant future. We are smack dab in the middle of grandchildren birthday's. My parents only have 4 of them...2 from me and 2 from my sister. Her son was 14 January 14th and her daughter just turned 7 on February 23rd. Hannah will be 8 on March 16th and Samantha will be 5 on April 16th. Then after that, they are sporadic.

I had to take a picture of me with Samantha for her dance recital on May 30th. Their theme is "My Mama had a Dancing Heart", so they wanted to do a slide show in the beginning with the girls and their mom's, grandma's, etc. Being the ever conscious parents, I couldn't just take a pic of me and Samantha...I had to interject Hannah in there, so we did a pic of all 3 of us that I submitted (I also have one of my Mom with Sami to submit). Seeing that pic reminded me of a favorite pic of me and the girls that was taken a long time ago. Now realize, I'm the one behind the camera....so very rarely do I get to actually be in the pic. Here's the pic from about 3 years ago when Hannah was in preschool and they had a Vday dinner.
Now fast forward to now....my girls are growing up so fast, it's scary.

It brings tears to my eyes to know that they are growing up and unfortunately there's not a darn thing I can do about it!


1 comment:

  1. It certainly is a bittersweet thing to watch them grow. It would be nice to freeze time for just a while...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...